[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: M635 Clunking & fuel starvation

On Aug 13th, Peter replied to Juan about clunking sounds in Juan's M635

>I have a 90 525 and am getting similar rear end clunking noises when I back
>down my inclined driveway and apply the brakes (even moderately).  I am
>thinking it weekend.

>I am also getting a front end clunk at very low speeds.  I, again, think it
>might be a front strut problem.  I don't have any oil leaking from them but the
>car has 101k miles on it.

I had the same clunking sound coming from the front of my 82 528e with 140K
miles a month ago. Replaced the front struts and strut bearing - No change,
clunking continues. The next thing I replaced was the thrust arm bushings and
the problem went away. Note, visual inspection of the thrust arm bushing may not
reveal cracks etc. in the bushing.

The thrust arm bushing replacement was easy but I had to get the bushings
pressed at a machine shop.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Charles A. Karnati