[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Leaded Vs Unleaded Petrol

Eugene Hoe H W - TCD <eugene@domain.elided> writes:
>Anyone out there know the effects (if there is any) of using unleaded
>petrol on a car that usually takes leaded petrol?.

Every report I've read says that unless you're putting a LOT of stress
on the engine (racing, towing heavy loads, etc.) that there's nothing to
worry about.

Don't forget that the amount of lead in leaded gas (back when it was
available here in the states) was less that was in unleaded when it
was first introduced.

So, if it's for a daily driver, don't worry about it.

            Later...
               Larry.
Lawrence R. Schwarcz, Software Design Engr/NCD      Internet:  lrs@domain.elided
Hewlett Packard Company                               Direct:  (408) 447-2543
19420 Homestead Road MS 43LN                            Main:  (408) 447-2000
Cupertino, CA 95014                                      Fax:  (408) 447-2264
Internal-only WWW: http://hpisrhw.cup.hp.com/~lrs/homepage.html
O-
             Copywight (c) 1996 Elmer Fudd.  All wights wesewved.