[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vibrating 528i

Hi!

I bought a 1982 BMW 528i a few months ago.
It had some vibration in the steering-wheel at speeds about 80Km/h (50mph=
),
but I thought then that it would be easy to rectify.
This is what I've done so far:

- -New discs & pads
- -Shock absorbers renewed
- -Front springs renewed
- -Lower control arm bush renewed
- -Thrust arm bush renewed
- -All ball-joints checked for wear
- -Upperstrut beearing checked
- -New tires (Falken 195/70-14) on 14"*7 ATS wheel (Wheels balanced)

The vibration seems to be less when the car is fitted with a pair of
totally worn-out Michelin TRX 200/60-390.

The tire-wear are even.

The vibration develops at speeds around 80Km/h (50mph) to=20
105Km/h (65mph).
Acceleration through 80Km/h seems to make things even worse..
If you let the vibration develop further, the whole car starts to
vibrate.....

If anyone can shed some light on this problem, it would
be appreciated as the car is parked in the garage at the time of writing!
(I'm close to giving up!)

                                      )))
                                     (@ @)
- ----Erik Thomle Hoels=E6ter-------oOOo--(_)--oOOo-----------------------