[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Chicago-area BMW Mechanics/Dealers

I have a low-mileage '86 528e that is running well but will need servicing
soon.  I would greatly appreciate any info listers would be willing to share
on a good place to get it worked on in the Chicago area.

To be more precise:

1.)  Has anyone had any very good or very bad experiences with the service
departrment at Fields BMW in Winnetka/Northfield or Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff?
 These are closest to my home.

2.)  Any recommendations for an independent garage/mechanic, preferably in
the north suburbs or north shore area?

I know not all mechanics are intimately familiar with the E28  anymore, so
comments from owners of older cars would be particularly appreciated.

All the usual disclaimers apply (you will not be held responsible for my
experience, etc etc)

TIA!!

Bob DiLeonardi
'86 528e