[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Slick 50 issues

I've started to worry about my cars after what I read in the digest recently

Obviously I am new to the digest, and obviously I missed the debate about
Slick 50.  My experiences with Slick 50 though had not been bad.

I put a bottle of my first Slick 50 in my 86 Honda Prelude with 30k miles
and then another bottle 50k miles later.  I sold the car with 140,000 miles
and it drove like new when the new owner took the keys from me.

I treated my wife's 87 Mercedes 300E with the stuff three times in 50k mile
interval.  My wife is still driving the car today with over 180,000 miles -
the engine has not been touched.

I put one in to my 88 E30 325i about 40,000 miles ago, and I WILL NOT PUT
ANOTHER ONE IN anymore.

Could somebody tell me where I could retrieve the old debate?  My impression
of Slick 50 was that it did not improve gas mileage or performance, and it
did not even make the engines run any smoother.  In short, I did not feel
anything from the cars.  I used it because I thought it was good for the
cars.