[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 318ti (perceived) imperfections

Kurt Cummiskey writes (#103)...
>Should the dealer fix these things?
>
>1. Literally tens of tiny (and not so tiny) paint chips all over the hood
>and grill.

Your insurance company should cover this.  A friends '95 Golf Cabrio was
badly stone chipped from travelling a local highway.  They called up
their insurance company, who sent out someone to check out the 'damage'.
The hood, grille and both front quarters were painted.  It's kinda funny
because this person usually rides so far up someone's backside that it's
not surprising the car was chipped so bad.

My car will be 1 year old in about a week, and the grille is chipped
quite bad.  I have a clear plastic film over the first 4-5 inches of the
hood which protects from most chips there, although I do have a nasty one
dead-centre of the hood which needs fixing.

>2. Door post plastic covering "wrinkling."

The b-pillar tape on the passenger side of my car has done the same
thing; has been replaced once and is on order again.  No problems from
the dealer here, except it keeps recurring.

>3. Driver side door latch is hard to open.

I had the same problem with the inside handle on the driver's door.
Dealer fixed it, no questions asked.

>4. Middle dash vent does not stay open all the way.

Never had this one.

To add to your list, I've had SRS light problems (which is apparently
common for E36's), and the passenger-side seatback release came apart
internally.  Everything was fixed.

Now if I could just get the dash to stop saying "Inspection" whenever I
start the car... ;-)

Shawn
'95 318ti (Jet Black/Anthracite, Sport Pkg.)