[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> Rims

I am a first time BMW owner. My last performance car was an 86 Mustang SVO.
Not to take anything away from the SVO, but I imagine when the Ford engineers
were designing the SVO, they were shooting for BMW performance. Although they
outdid the power, they only came close to the whole package.

I have had my '95 318is for about 10 mo's now. I am interested in upgrading
the rims. Both for esthetic, and performance reasons. My car came with the
BMW Sportspoke (Style 13) 7x15 rim. I want to upgrade to the M doulbespoke,
polished (Style24) 7 1/2x17, or the MContour (Style 23) 7 1/2x17.

My first question is, does anyone know if I need the steereing lock limiter
that is in the BMW catalog?

Next is has anyone tried this? If so, I expect some change in the ride, can
you describe how much changed? Are there any other modifications I should
consider to improve the performance (i.e. chip, exhaust, etc.)?

Lastly would be if there is anyone out there with a set of either of these
rims they would consider selling?

Please respond to DigMax@domain.elided.
Thanks greatly,
LouP.