[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1. Zymol thoughts, 2. New car paint

     Hello Digesters,

     1.  I used HD Cleanse and Zymol for the first time this weekend. I
     don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but this product is 10 times
     more difficult to use the any other cleaner and wax product, I've
     used. Because you don't let it dry, removing a fairly wet product is
     difficult (rub rub, turn cloth, rub rub, turn cloth again, rub rub,
     turn cloth...get it???). It took me 6 hours from car wash to end
     result. For those who are wondering, it took about 4oz of HD cleanse
     and very little Zymol (about 1oz) to complete the project.

     I will continue to use Zymol because the benefit outweighs the cost
     and labor...the car looks GREAT, better then when new (6 weeks ago),
     and it has NO more swirl marks or water spots in the paint.

     2. While applying the aforementioned products to the car I noticed
     several paint chips on the hood and front air dam. This car has only
     2300 miles and is already is almost as chipped as my '92 325is was
     when it had 80k on it.

     When is the new paint technology going to get better??? I consider
     this unacceptable. Are all new cars using water-based (borne) paint???
     If the car becomes horrible looking, is repainting with the older
     paints, an option???

     Dean Schreier
     Schreier Applications Consulting
     Dallas, Tx
     '96 M3 (very shiny and chipped)
     '76 Corvette (very dull, oxidized, and barely chipped)
     ??? A late model SUV goes here (any suggestions)
     BMWCCA 104306