[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <E36> 318ti "GROARING" noise in A/C

Hi David!!

>> I have a '95 318ti with the same problem:
>Thank goodness! :)

you are never alone on a listserv :-)

>I thought I must be the only 318ti owner out there who's having this
>problem, but apparently not ... you're the third person so far who's
>reported this problem on the '95 318ti.

who is the other person?  I think it's 'first year' troubles - the 318ti is
a new model (for us North Americans, at least) and there are always little
glitches.

On the good news front, and that's VERY good news, apparently the value of
the 1995 318ti has jumped UP in the past year, as the '96-es are priced
higher than last year.  Still the 318ti is priced way lower than the other
318's and that might also cause the slower depreciation.  Is it the same
case in the States? (not that you are thinking of selling your pride and
joy!!)  I was told about the higher resale value of my car at the collision
place (some drunk scratched my bumper, I was having it fixed) and the owner
of the repair shop said that a used 318ti now fetches more than I have paid
for mine, new!!

>Do you have the bulletin number?  If it's okay with you, I plan to show
>your email to the service advisor when I bring the car in; I'd have a
>better case if I can reference bulletin numbers. etc. :)

I will call my dealer tomorrow and share the number with you.  I am sure
that your dealer will know about this problem (how many GROARING bulletins
are there, anyway? :-) but just in case he is not cooperative, I will help you.

>You're not the only one who had this happened to them.  Another 318ti
>owner on the digest, Shawn Collins (I think?  Correct me if I got the
>wrong person), also had this happened to his car.

[to the digesters] anyone else? let's talk!! has this been fixed to your
satisfaction?  when did you notice this?  was it because the car was left
out in the sun?  I have been taking my car to the beach on afternoons,
perhaps that's what caused it to come unglued (not that it's an excuse!)

>I almost ended up with an Alaska Blue 318ti Active, but finally was able
>to get a Alpine White Active, though my first choice was the Boston Green.
>I'm glad that I took the Alpine White.

:-)  And yes, my car has daytime running lights, it's obligatory here in the
Great Green North...

Cheers from sunny Vancouver,

Vida.
vida@domain.elided

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.
                       - Rabbi Hyman Schachtel