[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:<Hot 635)

     Bob Wrote:

     From: bobh@domain.elided (Bob Hannesschlager)
     Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 20:14:36 -0500
     Subject: <635> Running Hot

     Q: My '85 635 is running hotter than it has in past summers.  When
     sitting, idling in traffic the temperature gauge will climb up to the
     3/4 mark, not all the way to the red but higher than in previous
     summers.  It also seems slow to cool down even when I get to traveling
     freeway speeds.  It is hot here in Dallas and that may be part of the
     reason, but even at 60+ mph it does not seem to cool down very
     quickly.  I've always thought cooling problems were pretty simple
     until now, but I am still having this problem after:
     -------

     A: Bob

     You have done everything but the most obvious .... you need to replace
     the viscous fan clutch.  This simple to do, and as I remember costs
     about $70.

     Don
     DIS@domain.elided