[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Tii smog in Ca.

Hi there,
was reading bout your smog problem.  Both of my cars (76 '02's) are
regestered in oregon so I don't have to worry about it. (military does have
some bennies).  But a friend of mine was telling me last week about some
"smog tips".

1,   right before the test, drive the car down to about an eighth of a tank
and pour about a gallon of isopropal (sp?) alcohol in the tank, thus
leaning the mixture WAY out.  after passing test, fill the tank up the rest
of the way.  The iso. is pretty much the same stuff you see in "Heat". and
other fuel additives. Just a lot more.

 2.  Drill a small hole or two in the FRONT of the muffler a little bigger
than the size of an ice pick.  This creates a venturi effect sucking fresh
air in the muffler greatly diluting the amount of crap that's being read at
the tail pipe.  When done, either spot weld the holes shut or you can use
sheet metal screws or something to fill the holes.

Hope this helps.

I'll probabaly get bitched at about the alcohol or offend some tree hugger
somewhere, but it worked on my friends 280sl so hey, life will go

TK Gustafson
carrion@domain.elided
2  '76  '02's