[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

P6's in the Wet

     I agree with Richard Cartledge's observations about P6's in wet weather.
     When I got my new E-30 325e in 1986 I managed to do a 360 at about 50 MPH
     on a wet road the first week.  The tires were brand new.  It scared the
     hell out of me.  I corrected the pilot error, but remained slow and
     uncomfortable becuse of the poor wet weather behaviour of the tires.  I
     hung in there for two months until I finally had enough.  I switched to
     Yoko 378's (different tires back then) and began driving faster in the wet
     again without problems.  Sorry I didn't make the change on day one.  P6 -
     great dry, scary wet.
     DanZ
     Annapolis, MD
     <zeitlin.d.b@domain.elided>