[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Mounting a Valentine in a 3 Series

<<<I just took delivery of a 96 green 328i with sports package and need
to install
my Valentine Radar Detector, but can't find a good place for it.  If I
mount it
on the visor then I lose the use of the visor, and the detector will be
pointing down at the road.  There's not enough room to fit it between the
visor
and rear view mirror.  The only thing I seem to be left with is mounting
it
below the rear view mirror in the middle of the windshield, but that
impedes
visibility.  Any other ideas out there?>>>

David,
	Is there enough room to mount the detector above the rear view
mirror? This is where I have my V1 mounted. Mike Valentine also has his
mounted there in his 750.  I have mine hard-wired so I don't have to fool
with mounting and dismounting. The blue color strip doesn't affect
performance unless it has any metallic substance in it.  The easiest way
to check for this is to look through the blue strip while sitting at a
stop light. If the red light looks red, then you are perfectly fine in
mounting the detector there.  The higher you mount the detector, the
better range you will get.

Prakash Maggan
Maggan@domain.elided
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PrakashMaggan