[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 stiff gas pedal

Hello all,

Anyone with a newer model M3 having difficulties with a stiff gas pedal?

I have a '96 M3 with approx 2000 miles, and have noticed the gas pedal
becoming stiffer and stiffer.  It is to the point now that when I pull
out in 1st gear, more force must be applied to the pedal which causes it
to depress further than needed (wanted) which results in surges in
acceleration.  The problem is also noticable at interstate speeds in 4th
and 5th.

Haven't contacted the dealer yet as I was hoping to have them address the
problem during the first oil change.  Any ideas or suggestions for a
quick fix, or am I looking at a more detailed problem.  Respond privately
or on list.  Thanks!

Greg J.