[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> oil pan and timing chain gasket replacement

Our '69 1600ti is dripping oil from either the oil pan gasket or the lower
timing chain cover, or both :)  I know this is not unusual, but I have a few
questions about replacing said gaskets.

        Is it possible to replace the oil pan gasket without hoisting the
engine off the mounts? without dropping the subframe?

        "while I'm in there" is there anything else I should take the time
to replace? oil pump? I'll replace the timing cover oil seal if I end up in
there.

I've checked the FAQ (2002) for hints but came up empty.  I've got a copy of
Haynes to guide my removal process, but could gladly use anyone's
experiences out there.

Any tips, insights, pointers, comments, jokes gladly accepted!

thanks,
        Mike
Kim & Mike Hood-Douda	Raindance Farm  "Goats & BMWs...living
raindance@domain.elided	Lacomb, Oregon   in harmony!"