[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E21>engine swap, <E24>M6 tires

Digesters:
	I have seen 2 E21 Alpina's with the six 2.8 installed. It's quite
possible to install the 3.3/3.5 M30 block in the car. As far as I know
the external diminsions are the same. Why mess with the  2.8? The 3.3/3.5
has more torque and is readily available. If *I* were doing the
conversion I would get the best that money,time permitted. Just my
opinion of course.

	M6 TRX tires, I have seen these at NTW for $145.00, a friend
got them for his '85 745i. But now would be a good time to decide whether
to buy TRX tires or upgrade to a 15-16-17" rim with a much larger tire
base to choose from. I guess it depends on your willingness to fork out
the money for takeoffs, used rims, or new ones. In MHO TRX's are not
worth the money...

Andre
83..633...3.5L(new head on tomorrow night,the turbo project!)
358kmiles...........