[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Young Drivers & ABS

Dave_Edmondson wrote:
[deleted]
> hard-headed when it comes to technology. If you don't believe ABS works, try
> the standard demo and put the wheels on one side on the dirt with the others
> on the tar and hit the brakes! Don't try this if you don't have ABS.
> DaveE.

Just a word of caution,  this test can land you in BIG trouble.  A BMW salesman
rolled my fathers 320i before he took delivery by showing a customer how ABS
handles this test....  If the car has different amounts of traction on the left
and right, you are going to get the car trying to rotate - ABS will help you to
correct, if you are quick enough.

Brendon.
'96 M3
'93 MX-5