[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: MB SLK vs. Z3

I've got nothing against the SLK, in fact I enthusiastically
applaud all manufacturers offering the current crop of topless
two-seaters. However it's been cited that the US SLK is only
available with an auto tranny. HOPEFULLY NO "AUTOMATIC vs MANUAL"
THREADS ARISE OUT OF THIS, but any car that's intended to be
designed with fun factors should at least have a manual
transmission as an option.
<testimony time>
I've been driving an auto trans for the past 11 years.  This
summer I've had the opportunity to "go stick" and can't imagine
going back...ever.  TipTronics and its myriads (a la Chrysler)
just wouldn't feel right.  Sorta like visiting a Bier Garten and
ordering O'Douls.

now back to your regularly scheduled Digest,
Carter