[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24/28> gas smell

       Quickie...when I fill the tank of my E24 635 CSi and then get to
point of destination, I notice a gas smell and notice a little dripping from
the neck of tank, which I gather is coming from the overflow. (no leaks
around seems, zero rust, no other leaks). This never happens if the tank is
filled only to 3/4 or so. After the tank volume drops a little below full,
no more actual drips come out the over flow, but I can still smell gas from
that region..there is absolutely no leak from anywhere (I have looked
extensively). It seems to be that fumes are coming out the over flow, which
is fine, and I understand the tank will build up pressure, but it seems a
little much. Normal, or ?
TIA,
blair
Blair E. Robertson