[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: E36 power windows

Wade Olson wrote:
 >Of the four power window switches around the manual
 >transmission on my '92 325i, only the front two are
 >illuminated with the light switch on.  In addition,
 >he switches are hot, like they're both receiving too
 >much current.

 >Should all four switches be illuminated?

Yes

 >Have others had this problem?

Yes

 >Are the front two lights under the switches
 >receving the current for all four?

No. The early E36 power window switches had bulbs that
ran too hot and didn't last long. The new switches don't
get warm. I think the bulbs are soldered in and are
not easy to replace but someone once posted a description
of how to do it.

Stuart Metcalfe                               email s.j.metcalfe@domain.elided
Central Laboratory of the Research Councils   phone +44 (0)1925 603521
Daresbury Laboratory                          fax   +44 (0)1925 603416
Warrington
Cheshire, England, WA4 4AD.                   '95 318iS coupe