[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24> M635 front end clunk, rear end clunk,fuel starvation...

Well since I have decided to try and take the M635 to Montery I have to take
care of some problems by the end of this week.

Front end clunk:
I am getting a clunking noise out of the front end. It started out only
happening ocasionaly at parking lot speeds after I would let out the clutch.
Now it has become more frequent and recently has ocured at higher speeds
(though still under 25mph). My mechanic replaced the left front wheel bearing
but the noise is still their.

Rear end clunk:
This happens only when I am backing up and I brake. Feels almost as if
something is loose on the driveline. As backround the flex disc was replace
about 1000 miles ago, and the diff was rebuilt even though it did not need to
be about 10,000 ago (my old mechanic put the wrong fluid in it then claimed
it needed to be rebuilt).

Fuel starvation?
I am still getting a large hesitation under hard acceleration in second gear.
It only happens when the car has less than 30 liters of fuel in the tank so I
am thinking that the fuel pump in the tank is going bad. However I would like
some confirmation before I go spending $$$.

How to remove euro M635 plastic fender arches?
The clear coat on the rear plastic fender arches is chipping and I would like
to take them off to have them painted while the car is getting the above
problems repaired but I can't figure out how they are attached. The fronts
are bolted on but the rears are attached by some kind of pegs.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Juan Bruce
BMW CCA 95025
BMW ACA LA