[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24><Big 6> Question

I hope that I can get some sage and seasoned advice.  I have had a problem
with the oil light flickering about once every two months at inconsistent
times.  I had the oil pressure tested and it is within specifications.

It generally occurs when stopping at a light on a hill or cresting a hill
at night, when it is cooler. (It happened tonight after a late meeting
and the engine was running 2K RPM; I hate that light coming on)

In any event, there does not appear to be any leakage on the oil sensor.
Any ideas besides changing the sensor?  My mechanic says it is probably a
wiring problem, but it is so inconsistent I thought someone might have had
a similar problem.  TIA  Jim

James M. Dodmead (Jim)			Network Engineering and
nets@domain.elided				Technical Services (NETS), Inc.
O 301.854.5503				14825 Burntwoods Road
F 410.489.7508                          Glenwood, MD  21738