[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Autobild On the WWW

Here is a tidbit for surfers of the world wide web.  The Germany
automotive tabloid, Autobild, has a set up a site:

   http://www.autobild.de

Along with stories from the current issue (which this week includes an
article comparing the 328i, 528i and 728i), I found a tolerable few
spy photos, some computer enhanced, and an ongoing report of a 100.000
km endurance test of the Audi A8.  The pages are a mixture of English
and German, and as befits a member of the Bild newspaper group, they
are pretty flashy. (I want to see the Michelin man run around the
page. :)

Though I suspect the site is in nearby Hamburg, I found I had a pretty
slow connection (300-400 bytes/second at 8 pm).  The pages are
reasonably efficient, so it may not be much slower across the
Atlantic at off hours.

- -John
'96 318is

- --
John Firestone, Alfred Wegener Institut   jfiresto@domain.elided
 fuer Polar- und Meeresforschung             +49 (471) 4831 363
Postfach 120161, D-27515 Bremerhaven          ..  ...  .... 149 (fax)
GERMANY