[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<tires> e36 goodyear gs-n vs yoko a509

I recently replaced the original equiptment goodyear GS-N 205/60 15's
with the same size yokohama A509s.  They are MUCH quieter.

I find that the handling is not as precise, lack of sidewall stiffness as
others have noted. Dry traction is ok, i've not yet driven them in the rain.
You mean you guys actually drive in the rain! :).

The tramlining effect (following ruts) is much less noticable with the yoko's,
which are less precise and there4 less sensitive.

I attribute the tramlining due to worn out ball joints, to be replaced this
week under warranty. I hope the replacements last longer! (only 44K km).

Frank Schulz

'92 318is  -bimmer
'88 tercel -bummer