[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reply: 320i Fuel Injection Measurement

Reply To:      Armando  Morales, MORALESA@domain.elided

Armondo Writes:

"I read the Bently Bosch Fuel Injection Manual (blue covered) written by
Probst  that covers tuning.  It describes the use of a dwell meter to
measure the output of the computer to the frequency valve.  Do you know
how to tap into the circuitry between the brain box and the frequency
valve? This book advocates this process as an accurate way to adjust CO.
Otherwise you need an exhaust analyzer that taps in before catalyst
which is hard to justify purchasing.  Would appreciate anything you have
on tuning K-Jectronic."

I suggest you purchase the ITT Pomona Corp. "Maxigrabber" probes found
on page 1442 in the Newark Catalog # 114. These are lead piercing probes
and do not damage the wire you are tapping into. They make a small pin
prick in the side of the wire and are "hands free" once you hook them
on. The oxygen sensor should be relaced at the specified intervals and
it will be obvious with this measurement if it is not working. The ITT
Pomona part # is 5913 and the Newark # is 95F1295. You may need one or
two probes depending on the solenoid wiring: I don't remember if one of
the leads to the solenoid is ground or not. If one lead is not ground,
you will need two probes for your dwell meter. Check the wiring diagram
carefully before you hook up. Good Luck. I don't know where your located
but Newark in California is 408-988-7300 they could tell you your local
site.