[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e34> easy electrical questions

Greetings.

        This should be an easy couple of questions, regarding a recently
acquired 1990 E34 535i.  I'm getting inconsistent results against what is
stated in the owner's manual, which I don't necessarily trust since it is
written for a couple of different models for that year....

(1)  The passenger's door will unlock the car when it is both
central-locked (normal) and double-locked, but it will not central-lock nor
double-lock the car; it will only lock itself and nothing else.  Electrical
flaw or "safety feature"?

(2)  Does the engage-reverse-gear-passenger's-side-mirror-tilt-down feature
work in E34's of this year?  Mine doesn't (1990 5-speed 535i).

(3)  "If the windows or the sunroof have been left open with a convenience
function, they may be closed by holding the key in the lock position until
they have closed."  What is a "convenience feature"?  And, how can I tell
if my car has one?  Doing the above closes neither the windows nor the
sunroof, which all open/close fine with the center console or door or roof
switches.

I've seen lots of similar posts about electrical problems, so personal
email is preferred; repost to the digest at your discretion.  Thanks.

        Until next time...
                                                Todd
                                                tcmerrill@domain.elided
1990 E34 535i