[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Whine From CD Player

>suggesting running a new DIN cable down the left side of the car and re-mount
>the CD on the left.  This way, you isolate the DIN cable and avoid the
>problem altogether.  Does this make sense to anyone else?

Yes, you really should not run any power cable next to any of your stereo
cables. Just be careful sometimes stereo people put in an inline
suppressor (I forget what it is really called) as a quick fix but I could
kill your base response. Also if the stero is not properly grounded you
can get a *hum*. In an older car I had installed a new stereo, had the
dash all together and everything sounded great until I turned on the fan!
Had to rip it all apart and ran a clean power line from the battery and
regrounded *everything* to the same ground.

>changes as you accelerate.  The whine is there all the time, is just easier
>to hear during the quiet sections.  However, there is no whine generated from
>the radio.
I have an Alpine Test CD that has a "zero data" track that I bought years
ago. Unfortunately when I called Alpine to buy and extra one just in case
they did not have any more. May be you can find a similar CD at a high
end stereo shop or dj that you could buy or borrow. It will probably have
both a "zero data" track and a "pink noise" track.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hope this helps.

Later,

Steve