[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[none]

I am new to the BMW Net, having just sold my Saab and in to '95 M3.  The
Saab Net is
a group of mature auto fans who share information and conduct themselves
with very
mature and friendly, cooperative, and courteous manners.  There are no sniping,
running debates about childish disputes; amazing to hear some of the profane
remarks
published here!  BTW, the ongoing argument @ ABS--it is a system which
permits the
STEERING of the vehicle while braking.  ABS means "ANTILOCK BRAKING SYSTEM".
Locked wheels cannot be steered.  Convince yourselves on a safe parking lot by
driving a vehicle with ABS and another without; the merits of ABS are
immediately
obvious to the driver when approaching pylons at 50mph, slamming on brakes, and
trying to avoid hitting the pylons.  The car with ABS can be steered around the
pylons--doen't that seem safer?
Thanks, Mel Becker
 (melbeck@domain.elided)
(melbeck@domain.elided)