[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: smog

carnone@domain.elided writes:
>He has one more option, don't get it inspected.  That's what the scofflaw
>polluters do in NY.  They just don't show up for the yearly test, because
>they know they can't pass (its just a standind tailpipe test currently).
>There is almost zero enforcement of this by police on the street, so these
>people have no danger of being fined or, after repeated offenses, losing
>their car.  That's one of the problems with these laws, they only apply
>them to honest people who subject themselves to the inspection, while the
>smog belchers just don't show up for the test.  This has been my experience
>in NY.  By accident, I once went 6 months without an inspection.  No problems.

That wouldn't work here in CA.  You can't get the registration tags
without the smog cert.  So, you can skip it, but, your car won't be
registered and cops do look for that out here.

        Larry.
Lawrence R. Schwarcz, Software Design Engr/NCD      Internet:  lrs@domain.elided
Hewlett Packard Company                               Direct:  (408) 447-2543
19420 Homestead Road MS 43LN                            Main:  (408) 447-2000
Cupertino, CA 95014                                      Fax:  (408) 447-2264
Internal-only WWW: http://hpisrhw.cup.hp.com/~lrs/homepage.html
O-
             Copywight (c) 1996 Elmer Fudd.  All wights wesewved.