[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: <E36> Cleaning side moldings

>From: Chad Klingbeil <chadk19@domain.elided>
>What are your favorite methods/products for cleaning the wax/polish residue
>(white) off the side moldings (black)?  (Since the rest of the car is
>black, too, the molding looks pretty bad...)
>Chad Klingbeil   >95 M3 (black/black w/ white splotches)

I have success with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner part #051135-08984
described for removing:  adhesive, silicone, wax, grease, tar, oil.  Use
this stuff for everything.  Comes in a quart size with squirt tip.  Should
be available at any paint or body shop supply.  After you've cleaned the
rubber, use Zymol Vinyl or something good for the rubber.  Then never use
that nasty wax again, use Zymol Carbon or other available waxes that won't
leave white residue.

- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021  (It just rained or I'd be out in the 1600 Cabriolet)