[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<CA> Front lic. plate?

Greetings!

  Silly question time -- my new M3 does not have a front license plate
bracket.  At all.  I was under the impression that CA law said that you had
to have a front plate, but only so long as your car is factory equipped to
display one.

  However, AAA tells me I have to get a bracket mounted and display the
front plate.

  Which is correct?  Can anybody point me to the vehicle code section that
covers this?

  Assuming that it's required, shouldn't the dealer have attached one, or
be required to attach one at no cost, since the car was sold in CA?

Thanks!
- --Mike