[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Impreza WRX/Drivers Schools

Being a PRO Rally Co-driver(and sometimes driver), I keep my
ears and eyes open for unique car experiences. One of the best
was my opportunity to drive a street Subaru Impreza WRX.
Granted it wasn't the full boat 555 WRC competion version, but
even as just the street version, it was a ride to remember. It was
right hand drive vehicle and it could do no wrong. Oversteer? Hit
the gas. Understeer? Hit the gas. Four wheel drift? Hit the gas! It
was fast, it was fun and best of all, it (in its stock form) would
prabably wipe up most BMW's even on a track!

Why do I bring this up? Maybe Walt Selva should consider the
WRX the nest time he goes four wheeling over the dunes at the
Bridge! If he is going to behave like a rally car driver, he might as
well have a rally car to do it in! ( And for all you much too serious
people out there, that was a light hearted, tongue in cheek piece
of fun to be taken in the fun manner it was intended. Damn
shame I have to point that out.)

BTW, many of the worlds great street cars were developed to be
homolgation cars for rally. The WRX, Lancia Delta Integrale,
Escort Cosworth, Audi Coupe Quattro, etc. The M3 was also a
homolgation special, but was more track based, though it won
the tarmac rally championship one year.

Now if you want to come out to a real drivers school, e-mail me
for info on the Ski Sawmill PRO Rally Drivers School and Rally. I
did it this year and it was about as much fun as I have ever had
in a car (even with my cloths off!). How bout doin a slalom at
60mph ON DIRT! How bout high speed lane change practice IN
MUD! Now that's fun!