[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: BMW Motorhome

>From: "David J. Kroth x65799" <kroth@domain.elided>
>My brother saw a motorhome that had BMW logos all over it driving
>around town (Rochester, NY).  I told him no such beast (he doesn't
>believe me).  However, I wonder if there isn't some sort of promotional
>vehicle that BMW NA uses to "spread the word".  Anyone ever see anything
>like this before?

The Vixen, made in US with the BMW turbo diesel Ford engine.  A pop-top
design, quite aerodynamic for a motorhome. Fit in a standard garage. Went
belly-up a few years back with a whole bunch of new BMMW engines listed in
the auction sale.

>Also, after reading last month's Roundel article about the covered BMW
>transport vehicles and all the traffic about them on the list what do
>I see at the local BMW dealership (Holtz House of Vehicles) this afternoon?
>A standard, green, exposed, car carrier covered with 318Ti's and 3 series
>convertables.   The only protection was some plastic on the convertable tops.

They do that sometimes when they run out of enclosed carriers, like at the
end of the month when they are trying to jam the cars down the dealers
throats to increase wholesale deliveries for the month.  Ship it on the
31st, count it in the month.  Not enough Bavarian Motor Transport trucks
available when they decide to clear out the port stock.

- -Phil Marx   BMWCCA #6021