[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: ABS Question

>BTW, has anyone seen the "black ice sensors" that SAAB used to have?  It was
>a photo-electric thing that lit a light on the dash if you encountered icing
>conditions--probably a day late, but a cool idea.  Has BMW ever tried this?
>I suppose a dozen cars into the guard rail provides a pretty good black ice
>indicator. :-)

Sort of on my 328is.  The external temp. portion of the OBC will provide an
acoustic warning if the outside temp drops below +37.5F (+3C).  This
actually happened to me once back in February...in California no less! :-0

I guess the idea is that surface ice can form at or around +37.5F?  (Reading
further from the manual: a Caution note indicates that surface can still
form above 37.5F).

Here in the SF Bay Area, a dozen cars into the guard rail indicates the
first rain of the year :-0

Cheers,
- ----
For Money: jimb@domain.elided