[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Useful service life of components in BMWs 1982 and up.

I am tring to put together a list of the average service life the various
components on a BMW for general reference.

Would  the membership share with me your opinion/experience regarding
the following average service life of these major components with at least
the minimum factory service schedule.
Assume reasonable operation of the vehicle.

I have put in my preliminary  mileage figures .

Belts: 36k
Water pumps: 60k
Boge shocks :50k-80k
Clutch 60k-100k ( assume good technique)
Cooling  system hoses : 60k
Rear muffler assy: 100k/6years
Catatlytic converter: 200k
Alternator :75k-100k
Starter: ???
Motronic CPU : ???
AC compressor front seal: 75k-150k
Differential and rear axle bearings: 200k-300k
Engine :  200k-300k
Radiator : 200k-300k
5 speed manual trans: 200k-300k (assume good technique)
Automatic 4 speed ZF transmission: 30k-130k
Automatic 3 speed ZF  transmission: 150k
Power steering pump: ???
Steering box: 200k-300k
Fuel pump: 100k-150k
Fuel Injectors: 100k-200k
Master Cylinder: 100k-150K

Please add any important components with predictable life expectancies.
Thank you in advance to all respondents.
The final list will be posted.

Sincerely,
henri baccouche
los angeles