[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E's and M's

Please post this message.

 I'm new around here so please excuse my ignorance.  Could someone please explain to me the difference among the 'E' codes you use to describe your cars?   From what I gather they represent generations of 3 series cars but I'm not sure which is which.

BTW, I've been speaking to my (God forbid) Allstate representative because I'm thinking about trading in my '94 Saab 900 Turbo Coupe for a new M3 (especially now that it comes with traction control).  He said that for a marginal increase in my deductible and attendance at a driver safety school (one 6 hour session) that my yearly premium would go up only $170.  I thought that was reasonable.  Keep in mind that I live in New York city.

Regarding the 3 series traction control, how does the world at large feel about it's effectiveness in the snow?  Anyone from the tri-state area drive a 3 w/traction through this past winter and care to tell me how it handled it?

Since many people seem interested in what cars people learned to drive in, I drove an '87 Mustang GT then a '90 Bronco and now the Saab.

Thanks in advance for any word,
TM