[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Older BMW coupe

>Looking for some information on an older BMW sportcope.

>My Dad had a little 2-door BMW sportcoupe that he brought back from
>Europe after a US Navy tour of duty about 1964/65.  The car was new
>then.  It was a very small vehicle and was powered by a BMW air-cooled
>twin-cylinder motorcycle engine (750cc as I recall).  It was a regular
>looking little coupe (as opposed to the rather different looking
>Isetta).

Reply to above:

The car you describe is the lovely BMW 700, which is a conventional car
built on the BMW600 chassis. Has same trailing arm rear susp. as 600, and
is somewhat of a rarity in the US.

Search for Isetta club folks and they can get you more info.

Ben McCoy

71 2002
57 Isetta Sliding Window Convertible (until I got out of the Isetta
business last year)

                                Ben McCoy,
                              Project Manager
                          Ahrens Interactive, Inc.