[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'91 M5 info

Hi everybody. Haven't been on this list in a while.

A friend of mine is considering buying an M5 and since I own an M3
I am considered an expert on all things automotive in general and
BMWs in particular (alas there's one or two gaps in my knowledge :-).

Anyhoo  - it's a '91 M5 with 135K on the clock, apparently well
cared for. It's a friend's car, so the price is good since he just
wants to dump it at the end of a lease. Question - is there any data
to longevity of this engine? What are things to watch out for on this
car? Any big repair bills looming? What should have been replaced by
now? Any average $ per year upkeep figures out there?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Stef
'89 M3