[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e30> Driveline shake

>For a friend who usually can figure anything out:  1989 M3 with driveline
>shake under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear.  Car has new center
>bearing and flex disk.  All u-joints and drive shaft look very good, are not
>bent, and are not tight.  Car has new transmission mounts and springs and sub
>frame are good with new bushings.  Any ideas before he pulls his hair out?
Did he put the car on a lift and run the car up to 60-70mph with someone
under the car actually looking at the driveline? My car has most all of
the above parts new or newer except the driveshaft and u-joints. I
complained about the same type of vibration to my mechanic and we did the
above mentioned test. He noted just a slightly visible vibration and he
believes that the driveshaft needs to be rebuilt. Driveline Services
(Roundel advertiser) is the recommended place for this to be done.

John Darwak
'85 325e (155k mi.Bilstein Sportkit.ST bars.JC chip.e head with i cam
this week!)