[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<535iS> Advice Sought

I have been dancing with a guy on an '87 535iS (107K miles)for about three
weeks now.  The car appears to have been maintained moderately well but
exterior has suffered from the NE winters.  The big problem seems to be
electrical:  the #6 circuit has blown 3, 8A fuses since I have looked at the
car.  This takes the SI board, tach, temp and fuel gauges, and power windows
out.  Today, I went for a second look and the ABS and Alternator (Battery)
light were lit. I don't find any indication that these circuits are related.
It does appear that some of these problems  may be related to his pulling of
the in-trunk CD player when he got ready to market the car.

I may be able to get the car well below wholesale (presently wholesale is
$7500).  Should I attempt to pursue this vehicle?  What do list members know
about the electrical problems of the iS?  This is the second I have looked at
and they both seemed to have problems related to the tach/SI circuitry?  Is
this common.

Should I run away?

Private email if you wish or to the Digest if useful to others.

Thanks in advance for consideration.

Bob Duckworth