[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<ZF 4 HP 22>

I too have been following this thread with dread.  I have one of these
monsters lurking underneath the SU's iX.

After reading the thread and the FAQ file, out of desperation I called the
service manager at the dealership where I bought the car (now @ 70K miles and
in the danger zone).  He tells me that he has seen only two in the past four
years come in for repair.  Whether or not that is a comfort, I don't know.

Should I press him for info on mods specified in the Alldata listing and FAQ
file or leave well enough alone?  Horns of a dilemma if there ever was one.
How about syn tranny fluid?  Would Redline help prevent this failure?

I am glad that I no longer live in Texas where emissions testing is/is not
mandated depending upon the week and phase of the moon.  The Texas test
program was just the very one designed to cause the ZF to fail.

Anxiously waiting and hoping that it don't go.

Bob Duckworth