[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> Tire question, comment on younger drivers

The Michelin MXL's on my '76 02 are about due for replacement. Currently I am
running 175-70 13's.  I am considering going with a 205-60 13 (Yoko AVS
maybe?) .  Can I run a 205 safely on a 13 x 5 rim, or do I need a 13 x 5.5 or
13 x 6?  My current rims are 13 x 5 minilites (yes the real ones)...........
I am one of those "youger drivers", but I do appreciate my '02. I am not
destructive or reckless (reckless only because of inexperience and/or lack of
skill) with the car. I realize what I have, its not a rusty Ford Escort or a
Chevette. My father bought me my '02 when I was 12, I am now 19 and have
spent a lot of money and time restoring this car. What I have is special.
(Yes, I know Americans have that emotional attraction to their car ;) ). I
enjoy working on it, and it has kept me away from more destructive things. (
I would rather spend my money on a new car part then go out and buy drugs.)
Anyway, to sum things (perhaps the reason why I like BMW's so much) up with a
quote from page two in the 2002 Owners Handbook..

"Dear BMW enthusiast,
In congratulating you on your new (21 years old now!) BMW, we trust you
APPRECIATE the qualites of the car you now own. The road-holding and
performance of the car enable you to be courteous and careful in traffic, yet
accelerate away from the crowd when conditions permit...."

Any help with the tire question is appreciated...

                          Until Next Time,
                               Justin (my '76 02)
                                         (dads '95 318ti)
                                          (moms '96 328i)