[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[none]

I'm new to this digest and, quite frankly, don't know what some of you are
talking about half the time (my ignorance).  I tend to relate to the
editorial comments more than the nuts-and-bolts questions and comments.
However, I very much appreciate those of you who know how to fix your own
cars.  I wish I had that talent.

I drive a 1990, 325is (you all preface your car number with an E-number.  I
don't know what mine is).  I have had fun driving this car and it has given
me virtually NO trouble.  It's a wonderful car.  However, a few weeks ago,
the antenna stopped going up and down each time I started the car.  My
husband (a mechanical sort of person) decided HE could fix the problem.  He
took the antenna housing off the car (it's located in left-hand side of the
trunk--but you probably know that) and took it apart.  He found that a
little, tiny belt had broken and needed replacement.  I took the belt to a
foreign car garage in my neighborhood and was told that they couldn't
replace the belt, but could replace the entire unit for $135 plus labor.  I,
personally, don't think this is too much to pay to get one's radio back, but
my husband is determined to replace the belt and fix it himself.  He has
just gone off to the Osh Kosh fly-in for several days, so I thought I would
take this opportunity to ask if any of you know where I can find this little
belt.  I cut the belt to measure it and it's a little over 4.5" long (a
little over 12 mm) and about 1/4" wide (.5 mm).  The inside of the belt
says:  "L9 Isoran".

Thank you all very much, in advance, for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,

Susan Spengler-Abell