[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E34 & CDXM30 saga continues...

Well, I finally got my Pioneer CDX-M30 connected to the OEM head unit
in my 1991 E34. Turns out that this particular car was pre-wired with a
genuine Pioneer cable, however both the changer and the pre-wire had
a male 13 pin DIN connector... SO the installer ran the changer's cable
all the way up to the head unit and plugged it in.

Now, it's my understanding that you press the BAND button to switch
from FM to AM and to CD --- mine *only* will select AM/FM. Won't
even try for CD and give an error - just nothing happens.

Any ideas??? Is it possible that a car could be set up for the Pioneer
changer as a direct plug in, and yet still need a couple pins switched or
some other black magic ???

.... As usual - thanks in advance !!!!

///Mike