[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

325ix Fog Lights

     I'm the proud new owner of a '90 325ix. Regrettably it's a 4-door (2
     more than I wanted) and 'stealth' white (I don't like plain white
     bread either),but life's a compromise (especially with used cars).

     I've been subscribed to the digest for about a week. I'll get to the
     point with my first posting.

     I want to be able to use the 325ix fog lights with the parking lights
     on and with any (low and high) headlight setting. In stock
     configuration, they will only come on when the lowbeams are on.

     Also - Is there a source for amber lenses or bulbs for the stock '90
     elypsoid fog lights? IMHO, amber beats clear any day in true fog/snow
     conditiions.

     I can understand how BMW might not want the fog lights on at the same
     the highbeams are on (that's a lot of wattage). Too much for the
     alternator (95 amp I believe)? Comments?

     I've had to drive a few times (heavily snowing) when lowbeams were too
     much light. I didn't have foglights (not the 325) and drove a while
     with only the amber glow from the parking lights on to illuminate the
     way thru a psychedelic barrage of snow flakes. No safety flames
     please. Any of you that have driven in a snowstorm with a stiff
     crosswind know how hard it is to follow the road instead of the
     flakes.

     In additon to posting back to the Digest, please e-mail direct to:

     mbritch@domain.elided

     Thanks,
             Barry Ritchey