[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Yoko A509s - not for snow

I have a set of A509s on a 318i and I think they are average. Then
again, if I want to bump and grind in tight corners, the 318i really
doesn't have enough umph from the loud pedal to allow me to throttle
steer (gosh, wish I had my '02 back; we'll see if it gets better after
I finish my 2L stroke project).

Rain performance is not bad but DON'T use them in the snow. There is
not enough bite and the close blocking on the outside edges has caused
me to skate a couple times at low speed. Chains or cables are a MUST
because I didn't particularly care for digging out of a snow bank last
year (even cables on ~11% grade w/ hardpack are marginal; I even saw
4x4's go skating!).

What appears to be a sloppy or meaningless use of words may well be a
completely correct use of words to express sloppy or meaningless ideas.
jeffa@domain.elided