[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36 M3> Michelin tires

Dear Carl,

Thanks for your e-mail message July 3 regarding various tires for the
M3.  I will be having new Pilot MXX3s mounted tomorrow (Friday).  I
don't know what the tread depths are, but the rears are down to the wear
bars, while the fronts have more meaningful tread on them.  You said in
your post you'd be interested in them if they had at least 4/32 in.
tread.  Is this still true?  If so, let me know.  I will have them
measure tread, and if they meet those specs I will save them for you.
If I hear from you later that you no longer need them, I'll dispose of
them properly.

Question:  What can I expect in the way of new tire "break-in?"  Is
there such a thing?  How long should it last?

Again, thanks for your previous informative response.

Chad

'95 M3...