[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fighting a ticket,a math problem

Sorry to hear about your CHP problem, Juan.

Another possibility would go something like this:

Juan: "Your Honor, I wasn't anywhere near the speed the officer claims, but
rather than taking the court's time to prove my case, would you accept my
going to traffic school instead?"

Judge: "OK, ticket is for 75mph, next case."

I mention this because I have a Bay Area acquaintance, who, shall we say,
has a hard time keeping under the speed limit in his Porsche 928S4. The
officer (accurately) estimated his speed at over 135mph on I-5 here in CA
last year (near Bakersfield, I think), and the judge let him go to traffic
school.  We were all in shock.  Hey, it happens!

YMMV, of course.

| Andrew E. Kalman, Ph.D.   aek@domain.elided  |
|        standard disclaimers apply         |