[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> 325i takes "forever" to start/struts n shocks...

More questions on the sister-in-law's '87 325iC...

I'm used to FI on the TR8 (L-Jetronic) and I'm surprised by how long it
takes the BMW to actually start.  I'm also puzzled that this behavior seems
to happen only after the car sits for a while (e.g., overnight).  I
supposed it could be that it takes a while for fuel pressure to build up
(maybe it bleeds off a little too much?)  Anyway, I'm asking all you 325i
owners out there...  how much cranking does it take to get YOUR car to fire
up?  If my car sounds unusual, anyone have any suggestions about what might
be wrong?  I'll try and check fuel pressure ASAP.

Second question (reply directly to me on this as it'll likely generate LOTS
of mail :-)  The car has 4 new tires now and needs new struts/shocks since
the ride is still a little twitchy.  Bilstein or Boge?  Opinions?  Also,
who's got good prices?  Thanks.

Jim TenCate, '87 325iC,  summa@domain.elided