[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #57

> From: shanks@domain.elided
> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:52:58 +0200
> Subject: New 328i SE??
>
> Any comments on the following letter I have had to send to BMW UK?
>
> "On Tuesday we took delivery of our new BMW car from Eastern Motors,
> Edinburgh.  This delivery had been looked forward to for many weeks,
<-----------snip!
> All in all we fell very badly let down and instead of receiving delivery
of
> our ultimate driving machine we are left with a very nice car but not
what
> we ordered.
>
> The salesman has offered to upgrade the car to SE standard, but, given
> previous form, we have asked for this in writing.  However, we feel that
> this will be very difficult to do post-factory and wonder if we shall be
> left with a "put-together, not quite finished" model.
>
> We have put a stop on our cheque and this will not be lifted until this
> matter has been resolved."
>
> Well guys out there - what do think I should do??
>
> Jim Shanks
> '96 328i SE??
> '91 Peugeot 405 Mi 16 For Sale

Jim what's wrong with you?

If the order is not filled properly or the customer is not properly
informed of changes to packages & options, the customer is entitled to some
compensation and BMW anywhere should have no problem offering you the
delivered car as a loner until your order is properly filled.

Don't make the same mistake I made with my 328cab in December 1995.

BTW I still love the car

Ciao,
Rocco

Rocco Scocco - RS Computing Services Inc.
Specializing in SAP ABAP/4 since 1992
voice 905-731-6276 fax 905-731-9607 mobile 416-931-4522
http://www.rscomputing.com/~rscocco